THE DAVIS® PROGRAMThe Davis Dyslexia Correction Program® is 30 hours' long. It is usually provided in five consecutive days, usually Monday to Friday, for 6 hours a day. It is given on a one-to-one basis and is designed to cater for the client's individual needs.
Correcting dyslexia is not a matter of teaching a student how to learn, but of removing what is preventing the child's natural ability to learn. Learning the basic Davis® techniques is a way to give the client control over his learning process.
The client's reading, writing, spelling and handwriting will improve, as well as his/her balance and coordination. What is special about the Davis® Program is that the client will be trained on how to use creativity as a learning tool to overcome academic difficulties.
Motivation is the key factor in the success of the Davis Program.
AGE OF THE LEARNER:Ages seven to seventy have been helped successfully through the Davis® Program. The client has to be screened for maturity (for seven and eight year olds) and readiness.The Davis Learning Strategies® Program is designed for Kindergarten through Third Grade teachers to provide more effective reading techniques and life long skills in 'how to learn'.
OTHER RELATED LEARNING DISABILITIES:The Davis® Program can also help clients with Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD), Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder (ADHD), Dysgraphia (Handwriting), and Dyscalculia (Maths).
EXPECTED RESULTS OF THE DAVIS DYSLEXIA CORRECTION® PROGRAM
- Ability to recognise, control and correct disorientation and perceptual distortions at will.
- Knowledge of how to eliminate confusions in words, symbols; reduction of learning disability symptoms.
- Improved ability to maintain and focus attention.
- Improved ability to read, study and learn.
- Increase in tolerance for confusion.
- Greater self-confidence, personal awareness and self-esteem.